Monday, August 13, 2012

Expense tracker

I have to admit I'm pretty bad at keeping a budget.  I think one of the reason is that I never found the right tool for the job.

I actually hunted down money management apps twice.  The first time around, I was looking for a complete budget solution.  My main criteria was cloud sync, or at least PC sync, to do most of the work from a computer.  The Android app would follow me around but wouldn't be the only interface.  I was also looking for something to manage multiple accounts, income sources, scheduled repeating expenses, and everything else related to money management.  I didn't find my holy grail, and gave up.

This time around, I looked for a smaller, more focused solution.  Keeping the heavy lifting to the PC, I searched for an expense tracker for recording day to day spending.

After much searching, installing and trying, I settled on AndroMoney.  It's high points are it's intuitive and efficient interface, good looks, and it's useful graphs and summaries.  You can take pictures of your bills from inside the app, but that's of limited use since the saved images are of too low resolution to be readable.  That'll hopefully change in a future version...

If you're looking for a way to keep track of that fleeting money, give AndroMoney a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment