Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Scientific RPN Calculator

Do you use an RPN calculator?  Or, to be more precise, do you have an HP48 calculator?  If you do, don't waste time and install Droid48.  It's the whole thing, free, on your phone.  Without the famous tactile feedback, but much faster than the original :)

I have a 48SX.  The brown one.  I've had it forever.  And it's the only calculator I'll use.  Problem it, it's big and I never have it on me when I need it.  But thanks to Droid48, I now have my calculator in my pocket all the time, one touch away.

Don't know what RPN means?

It stands for Reverse Polish Notation.  It's stack-based, which means you don't type "2", "+", "2", "=" but rather "2", ENTER, "2", "+".  It might be too late now to learn it and change the way you calculate, which is sad, because once used to it, it's vastly superior to the "simple" way.

No comments:

Post a Comment